Volunteer for the New Venture Competition!
We are excited to offer an excellent volunteer opportunity as part of the Baylor New Venture Competition this year!
Volunteering for the competition is a great professional development opportunity which will provide you a first-hand experience into the world of entrepreneurship. You will also have the chance to meet and network with student entrepreneurs, as well as angel investors, venture capitalists, serial entrepreneurs, corporate CEOs, investment professionals, and business leaders from a vast array of industries serving as judges.
We need 15 volunteers for this year's event. We have various positions available to assist with different parts of the competition. All volunteers will need to attend a training session prior to the competition on Feb. 26-27, 2016. Information for the training sessions will be sent to volunteers by e-mail.
The needed times for volunteer support are the following:
Friday, February 26, 2016
- 10:00a - 2:00p Set up
- 2:00p - 9:00p Competition Activities
- 9:00p - 9:30p Break down
Saturday, February 27, 2016
- 7:00a - 8:00a Set up
- 8:00a - 4:30p Competition Activities
- 4:30p - 5:00p Break down
Sound interesting? How about we throw in free catered meals and a free New Venture Competition polo?
Please consider the available positions below. To sign up as a volunteer, please follow this link:
• Check-in Teams and Judges
• Provide information to competition attendees
• Collect materials from teams
• Direct competition attendees
• Queue teams for Feedback Sessions
• Help with various tasks as assigned
• Help set up beforehand
• Take score sheets from room to scoring area
• Assist room monitors as they stay in rooms
• Open and close presentation sessions
• Time sessions to keep on schedule
• Signal competitors to indicate remaining time
• Assist with AV equipment as necessary
• Queue teams for Semifinals and Finals
• Direct and assist judges with various needs