Baylor FastTrac Entrepreneurs Graduate April 22April 16, 2003
The John F. Baugh Center for Entrepreneurship at Baylor University's Hankamer School of Business, the City of Waco and the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, in cooperation with the Small Business Development Center/Business Resource Center, the Kauffman Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and the Waco Foundation, will hold a reception to honor 21 graduates of the FastTrac entrepreneur program at 6 p.m. April 22, in the Blume Seminar Room on the 5th floor of the Cashion Academic Center on the Baylor Campus.
FastTrac is a national program geared toward aspiring and current entrepreneurs. FastTrac classes have been training entrepreneurs in Waco since 1996.
The keynote speaker at the event will be Doug Dwyer, President of DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen by Worldwide®. With over 115 franchised locations in the U.S. and Canada, Dwyer's honors include the recognition of DreamMaker as one of Remodeling magazine's "Big 50" and "Top 100" firms, Qualified Remodeler's "Top 500," and Entrepreneur's "Franchise 500."
The FastTrac Entrepreneurship Training Program is a comprehensive educational program that provides entrepreneurs with business insight, leadership skills and professional networking connections so that participants are prepared to create a new business or expand an existing enterprise. Honorees to be recognized during the program will include participants of the FastTrac NewVenture program and the FastTrac Planning program.
FastTrac NewVenture graduates are aspiring entrepreneurs who have developed a business concept and a feasibility study. These graduates and their business ventures are:
- Jay Battles and Wesley Abrahams - Camp Easterling, Inc.
- Polly Gibson and Carla Gibbs - Serenity Wellness Retreat
- Berniece Hogan - Say It The Way You Want!
- Dottie Holloway - Dottie's Cuss Pot
- Thomas Kuebler - Texas Floor-Kote
- Patrick Matus - Matus Construction Group
- Stacy Padgett - A Beautiful You
- Terry Stepp - Texas Happenings
- Rena Williams - LW Mail Processing
FastTrac Planning graduates are existing entrepreneurs who have developed their business and plan for future growth and expansion. These graduates and their businesses are:
- Randall Larson - Brazos Higher Education Service Corporation
- Harish Raichada and Sneha Raichada - Clarion Hotel Waco
- P. Jae Stanley - Full Impact, Inc.
- Bernie Retland and Chris Retland - Retland Brokers
- Rich Seward and Judy Steward - JC's Designs
- Kathy Wilkins - Mechani-Tech
- Jane Wilkinson - MindPrime, Inc.
Sponsors of the FastTrac Graduate reception include the following alumni businesses: Pat Baucom of Texus Medical, Inc.; Mona Dunkin of Solution Principles; Patrick Ryan of Swarco Futurit; Paula Barron of Barron Environmental Services & Technologies; Chief David Swinson, Jr. of Hawk Security Systems, Inc.; Joel Schwartz of TexSunSense; Ken Maggard of Maggard Bookkeeping & Tax Service; Jay Baker of All Tune and Lube; Stephen Williams of Baylor University; Earl Long of Texas PowerVac; Pritish Patel of Pearl Management - Clarion Hotel; Bruce Harrell of Harrell Residential GMAC Real Estate; and Gerald W. Bridger of Rosco's Something Original.
The FastTrac Program will begin its next session September 2, 2003. Contact Mary Abrahams, Program Coordinator at (254) 710-4159 or Malinda Green at (254) 710-4157 for more details.