Baylor's Hankamer School of Business Earns Multiple Communicator AwardsMay 7, 2013
Baylor University's Hankamer School of Business earned international recognition with six Awards of Excellence and five Awards of Distinction from the 19th annual Communicator Awards sponsored by the International Academy of the Visual Arts (IAVA).
The Communicator Awards is the leading international awards program recognizing big ideas in marketing and communications. The Communicator Awards receives over 6,000 entries each year from companies and agencies of all sizes, making it one of the largest competitions of its kind in the world.
The Hankamer School of Business' awards spanned 10 different entry categories, which illustrate the school's innovative and diversified communications and marketing efforts--utilizing print, video, online and mobile content. The Award of Excellence is the competition's highest honor and is presented to entrants whose communication capabilities position them as the best in the field. The Award of Distinction is given for projects that surpass industry standards in quality and achievement. The Baylor Business Review iPad app, which was published in May 2012, garnered Awards of Excellence in two mobile app categories: business and education.
Full listing of awards:
Awards of Excellence:
- Baylor Business Review (Magazine-Ed. Institution)
- Baylor Business Review App (Mobile Apps-Education)
- Baylor Business Review App (Mobile Apps-Business)
- Entrepreneurship at Baylor Video (Branded Content-Business to Consumer)
- Homecoming Breakfast Invitation (Marketing-Invitations)
- Baylor Business Website (Websites-Schools)
- Baylor Business Fellows Brochure (Brochure-Education)
- Baylor Business Review Website (Websites-Magazine)
- BBR iPad App Promo Video (Branded Content-Business to Consumer)
- BBR Well Coffee Video (Online Video)
- Business Review Podcast (Programs)
Awards of Distinction:
The Hankamer School of Business shares these awards with Pollei DesignWorks and Baylor Photography. In addition, App Studio produced the technical build of the Baylor Business Review iPad app, graduate student Bailey Eubanks collaborated on the Entrepreneurship at Baylor video, and Livingston+McKay and KWBU collaborated on production of the Business Review Podcast.
The Communicator Awards is sanctioned and judged by the International Academy of the Visual Arts, an invitation-only group consisting of top-tier professionals from acclaimed media, communications, advertising, creative and marketing firms. IAVA members include executives from organizations such as Conde Nast, Disney, Estee Lauder, Lockheed Martin, MTV Networks, Time, Inc, Wired, and Yahoo!