Baylor's New Venture Business Plan Competition Winners AnnouncedJune 1, 2012
A total of $25,000 was awarded to 11 finalists in the inaugural New Venture Business Plan Competition held recently at Baylor University's Hankamer School of Business.
The competition is a single-day, dual-round, business plan competition promoting entrepreneurship and small business development. The competition, underwritten by an anonymous gift to Baylor University and the Hankamer School of Business, provides students with expert feedback and the opportunity to win prizes to help fund their ventures. The business plan presentations represent the culmination of approximately seven months of team preparation for the competition.
"The inaugural Baylor Entrepreneurship New Venture Competition was a remarkable success," said Kevin Castello, director of the Baylor Angel Network. "It is truly wonderful to see entrepreneurship supported at a significant level by Baylor University, the Hankamer School of Business and by our alumni."
The Baylor Angel Network (BAN) at the Hankamer School of Business is an investor network providing early stage capital to entrepreneurs with developed business plans. BAN strives to provide quality early-stage investment opportunities to members; assist, educate, and connect early-stage companies with information, advisors and capital to achieve profitable growth; and offer a hands-on educational experience to students.
The 2012 New Venture Business Plan Competition award winners and finalists are:
- First place and $15,000: Shelby Burford and Cole Chapman, ACTS Peanut Butter
- Second place and $5,000: James Gorman and Brian Lovin, LaunchBox
- Third place and $2,500: Jake Russell and Luke Russell, Bear Threads
Honorable mention is extended to the following finalists:
- Angela Kumah and Thomas Totoe, AFRICloth
- Sophie Chor, Dalton Goldman and Humza Saleem, CGS Energy
- Benjamin Roberts and Sara Roberts, Giving Husband
- Casey Barillas and Charles Morton, Hypnalogic Media
- Chris Aitken, Tucker Blackledge and Drew Cody, Nova Patria
- Hannah Franzen and Lauren Seibert, Restaurant Zindagi
- McAllister Green and Austin Staats, Room Storage Services
- Garrett Danielson and Alfredo Muskus, WAZO
For more information about the competition, visit the New Venture Competition web site.