Ester successfully defended her dissertation in July 2012 and will be conferred the Ph.D. in Information Systems from Baylor University in December during commencement ceremonies. Her dissertation was completed under the supervision of Dr. Dorothy Leidner and is entitled, "Internal Social Media and its impact on Organizational Socialization and Commitment". She also received her M.S.I.S. from Baylor University. Before entering the doctoral program, Gonzalez taught at Southwest Texas Junior College, where she served on curriculum and project committees. In June 2011, Gonzalez visited Universidad de Sevilla in Sevilla, Spain, where she presented her most currect project to faculty and participated in meetings about upcoming projects. Her dissertation research focuses on the use of social networking technologies in organizations and its impact on socialization and commitment.
- MS (Information Systems), Baylor University, Waco, Texas, 2008
- BBA (Electronic Commerce), Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio, Texas, 1998
- Associate of Arts (Computer Information Systems), Southwest Texas Junior College, Uvalde, Texas, 1996
- Associate of Applied Science (Business Data Processing/Programming), Southwest Texas Junior College, Uvalde, Texas, 1992
Conferment December 2012
Dr. Dorothy E. Leidner
- Social Media Technologies
- Organizational Culture
- Knowledge Management Systems
- Crisis Management
- Information Systems Strategies
Published Journal Papers
- Leidner, Dorothy, Koch, Hope and Gonzalez, Ester. "Assimilating Generation Y IT New Hires into USAA's Workforce: The Role of an Enterprise 2.0 System," MIS Quarterly Executive, December 2010.
Research in Revision/Under Review
- Koch, Hope, Gonzalez, Ester, and Leidner, Dorothy. "Bridging The Work-Social Divide: The Emotional Response To Organizational Social Networking Sites," The European Journal of Information Systems. Submitted 2010.
Published Conference Proceedings
- Leidner, Dorothy, Lo, Janice, and Gonzalez, Ester. "An Empirical Investigation of IS Strategy and IS Contribution to Firm Performance," International Conference on Information Systems. St. Louis, Missouri, 2010.
- Koch, Hope , Gonzalez, Ester, and Leidner, Dorothy. "Resolving IT-Culture Conflict in Enterprise 2.0 Implementations," 17th Americas Conference on Information Systems, Detroit, Michigan. Submitted 2/2011.
- "Resolving IT-Culture Conflict in Enterprise 2.0 Implementations: Overcoming Social Stigma," Universidad de Sevilla, June 2011, Sevilla, Spain.
- "Bridging the Work-Social Divide: The Emotional Response to Organization Social Networking Sites," USAA, July 2010, San Antonio, TX.