Janice came to Baylor University in Fall 2008. Her experiences at Baylor and Texas have been both rewarding and heart-warming.
She successfully defended her dissertation in February 2012 and was conferred the Ph.D. in Information Systems from Baylor University in May during commencement ceremonies. Her dissertation was completed under the supervision of Dr. Dorothy Leidner and is entitled, "A Theory of Information Systems Strategy: Antecedents and Performance Impacts through the Development of Dynamic Capabilities".
- PhD, Information Systems, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- MS, Management Information Systems
- BS, Management Information Systems
Year of Graduation
Dr. Dorothy E. Leidner
- Information systems strategy
- IS culture-strategy alignment and performance
- Online privacy and security
- Social networks, social media
Published Journal Papers
- Leidner, D. E., Lo, J., and Preston, D. (forthcoming). An Empirical Investigation of the Relationship of IS Strategy with Firm Performance. To appear in Journal of Strategic Information Systems.
- Lo, J., and Riemenschneider, C. (2011). Heterogeneity of IT Employees: An Analysis of a Model of Perceived Organizational Support by Job Type. DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, 42(3): 71-95.
- Buyurgan, N., Hardgrave, B. C., Lo, J., and Walker, R. T. (2009). RFID in Healthcare: A Framework of Uses and Opportunities. International Journal of Advanced Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, 1(1): 1-25.
Published Conference Proceedings
- Leidner, D. E., Lo, J., and Gonzalez, E. An Empirical Investigation of IS Strategy and IS Contribution to Firm Performance. International Conference on Information Systems, 2010, Saint Louis, MO. Presented December 2010.
- Lo, J. Privacy Concern, Locus of Control, and Salience in a Trust-Risk Model of Information Disclosure on Social Networking Sites. Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2010, Lima, Peru. Presented August 2010.
- Lo, J., and Riemenschneider, C. An Examination of Privacy Concerns and Trust Entities in Determining Willingness to Disclose Personal Information on a Social Networking Site. Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2010, Lima, Peru. Presented August 2010.
- Lo, J., and Riemenschneider, C. Disclosure Decisions and Impacts of Disclosing Stigmatized Identities in Virtual Teams. Academy of Management, 2009, Chicago, IL. Presented August 2009.
- Lo, J., and Lam, M. Credibility Factors and Content Management Adoption for Commercial Web Sites, Hawaii International Conference on Business, 2006, Honolulu, HI. Presented May 2006.