Welcome to the Hankamer School of Business
We are glad you have chosen to study at Baylor University. We eagerly await your arrival on campus. Before your arrive, you will need to complete the steps below.
Within 30 days of Acceptance
- Official Documents - If your offer of admission is contingent upon receipt of official documents, you will not be able to activate your Baylor accounts or register for courses until Baylor receives all official documents, i.e. transcripts. Check your goBaylor Grad account to confirm the receipt of all official documents.
- BearID - Activate your BearID (Baylor email account). The BearID will serve as your primary means of communication with Baylor faculty and staff.
- BearWeb - Activate your BearWeb student account. BearWeb is Baylor's secure online system allowing students self-service access to information about your financial aid, grades and transcripts, and registration of classes as well as personal information such as addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
- MBA Enrollment Form - A deposit of $500 is required by the Business School to reserve your place in the MBA program. The deposit can be paid either by credit card or by check while completing the MBA Enrollment Form.
- Graduate Scholarship - If you received an offer for a Graduate Scholarship award, please sign and return the award agreement to the Business School.
Additionally, all graduate students receiving a stipend must complete an I-9 and a W-4. See the Graduate School's Student Employment Forms webpage for more information and copies of the forms.
Upon Submitting Deposit
- International Students - The Business School works with Baylor's Office of International Student and Scholar Services to serve incoming international students.
- Health Form and Health Insurance - Complete and return the Baylor Health Form to Baylor's Health Center. Research the Student Health Insurance Plan available to Baylor graduate students.
NOTE: You will also need to provide proof of your Meningitis vaccination required by Texas state law. All students under 30 on the first day of class must have the meningitis vaccination at least 10 days prior to the first day of class. Details are available here.
- Financial Aid - Apply for financial aid through Baylor's Office of Financial Aid.
- Cost of Attendance - For financial aid purposes, the Cost of Attendance is an estimate of the total cost to attend Baylor and includes both direct and indirect costs. Direct costs are those billed by Baylor, such as tuition and fees. Indirect Costs are books, supplies, transportation, personal expenses and room and board. The Business School does assess an additional Graduate Program Fee of $200 in the fall and spring semesters for MBA students.
- Notebook Computer - All MBA students are required to have a notebook computer.Notebook requirements
Before Arrival On Campus
- Advising Appointment - Contact your academic advisor, Chelsea Derry, to schedule an individual appointment.
- Watch Advising Webinar
- Course Registration - You should register for courses prior to arrival on campus. General information is available at www.baylor.edu/mba/registration
- Registration Holds - If you have a hold on your student account, you can identify the type of hold through your BearWeb account. New students often have a hold because personal information is incomplete. Personal data such as date of birth, ethnicity and religion are needed by Baylor for reporting purposes but were not required during the application process. Baylor never releases individual statistics to any outside entity. Statistics are ALWAYS summarized when provided to outside entities.
- Financial Settlement - A student's course registration for a given semester is not complete until all expenses are paid or the first payment of the Installment Plan (the minimum amount due) is received. A Financial Settlement Checklist is posted by Baylor's Office of Student Financial Services.
- Textbooks - Students can access required textbook information on BearWeb. After registering, select the "get books" option to see required textbooks. If no textbooks show under a specific course, professors will share any required materials with you either prior to or on the first day of class.
- MBA Mentors - You can join the MBA Mentor program that matches admitted students to current students. One of the best ways to ensure success when you get here is through strong relationships. Student mentors want to help answer your questions.
The MBA Career Management team is passionate about helping you discover your career aspirations and land an amazing job. The job market can be difficult for any MBA student, so we encourage incoming students to start working before they arrive on campus.
- Please watch the MBA Resume Workshop series which has instructions on how to start the resume generating process: Resume Workshop - Video 1
- Contact Michael Estepp, Director of MBA Career Management, or Amy Vinson, Assistant Director for MBA Career Management, with career related questions.
Resume Workshop - Video 2
Resume Workshop - Video 3
Resume Workshop - Video 4
Incoming students with a business undergraduate degree will be expected to have a solid foundation in accounting principles, basic economics concepts, statistical data analysis, and corporate finance. In order to keep the length of the program to 16 months, no class time will be spent in Core 1 classes in review of business foundation principles.
Students with minimal background in these areas should seek to strengthen their skills in order to facilitate a smooth transition into the MBA program. We recommend several options for strengthening skills in these areas:
All incoming students who do not have a business undergraduate degree are required to take BF courses, which give you all of the business prerequisites you need before entering Core 1. Some business undergrads who have been out of school for several years will choose to take BF to renew their knowledge of accounting, economics, finance and statistics. Students who take BF speak highly of its ability to prepare them for the rigors of the MBA program. For more information about BF, contact Laurie Wilson, Director for Graduate Business Degree Programs.
The online prep courses let you review fundamental business school concepts at your own pace, so that you can come to class ready for success.
- Canvas - Canvas is the software used by Baylor that allows you to communicate with instructors and fellow students within a course. Other features include 24/7 availability of syllabi, assignments, online grades, online attendance tracking, and Internet communication tools. You can access your course materials from any computer with Internet access. Log into Canvas.
- Computer Requirements - All MBA students are required to have a notebook computer.Notebook requirements
- Microsoft 365 Products - Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus service is now available for all current Baylor faculty, staff, and students.
Baylor ID Card - After you arrive on campus, you will get a Baylor ID card, which is used for library privileges, building access, lab access, meal plans, selected student functions, and sporting events.
Orientation is required for all MBA students.
- Tuesday, May 30 - All new graduate business students
Graduate Student Lounge #418
Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation
Healthcare MBA students will have an additional meeting after lunch
- August 14 - 18 - MBA students only
Start at 9:00 a.m. on August 14
Finish by 3 p.m. on August 18
Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation (Room 102)
- Monday, January 8 - All new graduate business students
Graduate Conference Room #440
Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation
Dinner will be served