How to Apply
NOTE: THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED AND WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
Each applicant should provide a research vision with bold and innovative research ideas rather than incremental insights. Please submit all required elements as multiple pages of a single document in PDF format.
We are looking for:
- New theories
- Substantive questions and methods
- Innovative implementation strategies
- Insights from other fields
- Generative intersections of thought
The goal of transformative research is to use theoretically driven research to solve practical problems.
Researcher Application Requirements
- 300-500 word statement of a Bold Research Vision for your chosen track
- Evidence of Sustained Interest in your chosen social issue (ex. recent publication, a grant, practical experience, etc..)
Clearly, junior researchers would not be expected to have the same level of sustained experience as more senior researchers.
Doctoral Student Application Requirements
Doctoral students should also submit a 300 to 500 word statement of research vision and evidence of sustained interest that will be evaluated using criteria appropriate to the doctoral stage. Doctoral candidates should ask their advisor for a brief letter that confirms the student's vision and stage in the doctoral program. Everything should be submitted as a single document, including the letter at the end.
Preference will be given to doctoral candidates who have demonstrated some sustained interest in the social problem, such as working on the social problem for their thesis, presenting a conference paper, or other work experience in the area.