The Marketing Department awards scholarships for students who have been accepted into the Hankamer School of Business majoring in marketing, professional selling, sports sponsorships & sales, or music & entertainment marketing.
Interested students should send an application to Lisa_Tyus@Baylor.edu by March 31st of each year. Scholarships will be awarded for the following academic year. Recipients will be notified shortly after March 31st. The scholarship application form may be downloaded here.
All applicants must FIRST complete the FAFSA forms to certify financial need to be eligible for the scholarships awarded by the department.
The following scholarships are available. Students do not need to designate the scholarship for which they are applying. The faculty review committee will make selections based upon fit of the applicant with the requirements of the scholarships available.
General Marketing Scholarships
- American Marketing Association Scholarship ($500): Must be AMA Chapter member. Selection based on scholastic merit and participation in AMA.
- Carlos W. Moore Marketing Scholarship ($1500): Selection based upon merit and need. Applicant must have at least a 3.0 GPA and exhibit a strong commitment to Christian values & lifestyle as evidenced by active participation in a local church.
- Gordon Rountree Marketing Scholarship ($2000): Selection based on scholastic merit and service.
Professional Selling, Sports Sponsorship & Sales, Music & Entertainment Marketing Scholarships
- Mervin H. (Sr.) and Mildred L. Yeagle Scholarship ($3000): Selection based on scholastic merit, service, and need.
Background: Mervin H. Yeagle, Sr. and his wife Mildred, were dedicated to providing an education for their son, Merv, at Baylor University. In a time when money was scarce, Mildred worked as a cafeteria manager in the Corpus Christi school district to help ends meet. As a Southern Baptist and daily Bible-reader, Mildred wanted to see her children educated at the world’s largest Baptist University. That vision became stronger for the family after Merv’s sister, Kay Yeagle, a student at Baylor, was killed in a car accident on June 14, 1963. Mervin Yeagle, Sr., worked two jobs to support sending Merv to Baylor. Mr. Yeagle worked full-time at the Corpus Christi Caller Times newspaper and ran his own landscaping business. From this dedication from his parents, Merv Yeagle, Jr., was able to receive his BBA degree in Marketing & Management from Baylor University in 1971 and continued graduate studies leading to his position as a senior marketing lecturer in the Marketing Department at The University of Maryland at College Park. While at Baylor, Merv was President of the American Marketing Association student organization. This scholarship is dedicated to the Yeagles and the spirit of determination and Christian work ethic the Yeagles exemplified in their lives.
- Robert Scroggs Sales Scholarship ($1500): Selection based on scholastic merit, service, and need.
- J.F. England Professional Selling Scholarship ($2000): Selection based on scholastic merit, service, and need.
- Fadal Walter Marketing Scholarship ($2500): Selection based on evidence of service to the community, church, and university.
- Lawrence Chonko Sales Scholarship ($3000+): Selection based on outstanding scholastic merit and service.