Welcome to the Hankamer School of Business. We are glad you have chosen to study at Baylor and eagerly anticipate your arrival. Below is a list of things to do before orientation.
We have broken down the steps you need to complete prior to your first day of class in the tabs below:
Within 30 days of Acceptance
- Non-MBA Enrollment Form (Non-MBA Only) - Complete the Non-MBA Enrollment Form to confirm your enrollment in your selected program.
- MBA Enrollment Form (MBA Only) - A deposit of $500 is required by the Business School to reserve your place in the MBA program. The deposit can be paid either by credit card or by check while completing the MBA Enrollment Form.
- Graduate Assistantship - If you received an offer for a Graduate Assistantship award, please sign and return the award agreements to the Business School.
Additionally, all graduate students receiving a stipend must complete an I-9 and a W-4. See the Graduate School's Student Employment Forms webpage for more information and copies of the forms.
Upon Submitting Deposit
- BearWeb - Activate your BearWeb student account. BearWeb is Baylor's secure online system allowing students self-service access to information about your financial aid, grades and transcripts, and registration of classes as well as personal information such as addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
- BearID - Activate your BearID (Baylor email account). The BearID is not to be confused with the Baylor ID number, which is your nine digit number used to access your individual and financial records via BearWeb.
- ID Card - Obtain a Baylor ID card. You can get your Baylor ID card on the first floor of Robinson Tower.
- International Students - The Business School works with Baylor's Office of International Student and Scholar Services to serve incoming international students.
Upon Activating Accounts
- Health Form and Health Insurance - Complete and return the Baylor Health Form to Baylor's Health Center. Research the Student Health Insurance Plan available to Baylor graduate students. You will also need to provide proof of your Meningitis vaccination required by Texas state law. Details are available here.
- Course Registration - Graduate students should register for courses prior to arrival on campus. You can contact your academic advisor to review degree requirements and course options.
- Financial Aid - Apply for financial aid through Baylor's Office of Financial Aid.
- Notebook Computer (MBA Only)- Baylor requires all MBA students to have a notebook computer.
- Financial Settlement - A student's course registration for a given semester is not complete until all expenses are paid or the first payment of the Installment Plan (the minimum amount due) is received. A Financial Settlement Checklist is posted by Baylor's Office of Student Financial Services.
Week Before Class - Orientation
Orientation is required for all MBA students.
- August 15 - International students
Start at 10 a.m.
Graduate Programs Center, Business School
- August 16 - All students
Start at 9 a.m.
5th Floor Cashion Academic Center, Business School
- January 6 - All students
Start at 8:30 a.m.
Graduate Programs Lounge, Business School
- May 30 - All students
Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Graduate Programs Student Lounge, Business School
Orientation continues August 14-17