Reserving Your Spot
Registration for the Baylor in the Caribbean summer study abroad program is on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is recommended as space is limited. Applications will open during early Fall 2016 and will be accepted until all 10 spots are filled.
We will soon be accepting applications for Summer 2017! Please read the following information very carefully.
To reserve your place in the program, you must complete/submit the following three items:
- Completed BearsAbroad Application Questionnaire
- Need help? Click here for the BearsAbroad Application Help PDF
Bring the unofficial transcript to Michelle Downs in Foster 210.32
After the above materials are collected, the student's application will be evaluated. If accepted, the student will receive an acceptance letter by e-mail, and the following materials will need to be uploaded in BearsAbroad before March 25, 2017:
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Release Forms
- Payment of remaining program fee balance
- Flight itinerary
Acceptance to the Program
Acceptance into the program is based on (1) review of your completed application, (2) submission of required materials, and (3) your ability to meet the criteria below. Once accepted, you will receive an acceptance message by email. Your deposit check will be then deposited and your spot will be secured!
Please note the additional criteria for acceptance:
- Your GPA must be above 2.75. If your GPA is below 2.75, you may still apply but you must provide 2 professor recommendations and your acceptance will be determined based on these recommendations.
- You must not currently be on academic probation or suspension.
- You must not be placed on academic probation or suspended between the time you are accepted in to the program and the departure date. If you are placed on probation after your spot is secured, you risk losing your spot and forfeiting your deposit.
- If, prior to departure, circumstances arise that call a student's behavior into question, he or she may become ineligible for participation at the discretion of the program director.
If you are not granted acceptance into the program, your deposit check will be returned. If you are accepted into the program and your check is deposited, then you later choose not to participate, your deposit will be forfeited.