As part of your second semester International and Public Policy course, you will attend a 5-day seminar in Washington, D.C. The purpose of the seminar is to illustrate the intersections of government policy and business.
Key concepts include:
- How government affects public and private businesses
- How a business can influence government action
In addition to the course-based activities, you will also have the opportunity to build leadership through service volunteering with D.C. based non-profit organizations.
Recent business visits included:
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Capitol Hill
- Congressional Speakers
- MADD: Special Interest Groups
- Merck: Overview of Healthcare reform
- Goodwill: Leading Non-Profits