The 10th Annual Business National MBA Case Competition in Ethical Leadership will be held November 9-11, 2016
Please contact Julie Tonkin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about competing in the 2016 competition.
To advance the development of ethical leaders through experiential learning and to recognize and promote MBA students and their programs for participation in a national case competition in ethical leadership.
- Grand Prize: $5,000
- 2nd Place: $1,200
- 3rd Place: $1,000
- Best Presenter
- Best Q&A
- Students and advisors* check in at Courtyard Waco by Marriott on Wednesday
- Students receive cases and final instructions Thursday morning during welcome event
- Student teams work in designated areas all day. (Lunch and dinner are provided.)
- Student teams participate in Round 1 of competition Friday morning in 3 rooms**
- Students attend Forum luncheon and presentation by Ethics Forum keynote speaker for the announcement of the three Finalist Teams
- Finals begin at 1pm. All participants in case competition and other guests welcome
- Reception and awards ceremony conclude the competition
Resources provided by Baylor University:
- Case and instructions (on site) and individual team work rooms (Thursday)
- Transportation to and from Waco airport (ACT) if used both Wednesday and Friday
- Transportation from hotel to the Hankamer School of Business at the Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation Thursday and Friday
- Lodging Wednesday-Thursday (up to 3 rooms for 2 nights) and meals Thursday-Friday through end of competition
* Advisor attendance is optional though welcome.
** Teams consist of 4 full-time MBA students and are randomly assigned rooms and times; identity of schools is prohibited to ensure fairness. Invitation only. No fee to enter.
Previous MBA Competition CasesAn Ethical Leadership Opportunity for BlueCava
News Corp in Crisis
MFI International: A Entrepreneur's Dilemma
For permission to use these cases free of charge, contact Julie Tonkin at Julie_Tonkin@baylor.edu.