Registration for the 2015 National MBA Case Competition is closed
Please contact Julie Tonkin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about competing in the 2016 competition next November.
The 9th Annual Business National MBA Case Competition in Ethical Leadership will be held November 11-13, 2015.
To advance the development of ethical leaders through experiential learning and to recognize and promote MBA students and their programs for participation in a national case competition in ethical leadership.
- Grand Prize: $5,000
- 2nd Place: $1,200
- 3rd Place: $1,000
- Best Presenter
- Best Q&A
- Students and advisors* check in at Courtyard Waco by Marriott on Wednesday
- Students receive cases and final instructions Thursday morning during welcome event
- Student teams work in designated areas all day. (Lunch and dinner are provided.)
- Student teams participate in Round 1 of competition Friday morning in 3 rooms**
- Students attend Forum luncheon and presentation by Ethics Forum keynote speaker for the announcement of the three Finalist Teams
- Finals begin at 1pm. All participants in case competition and other guests welcome
- Reception and awards ceremony conclude the competition
Resources provided by Baylor University:
- Case and instructions (on site) and individual team work rooms (Thursday)
- Transportation to and from Waco airport (ACT) if used both Wednesday and Friday
- Transportation from hotel to the Hankamer School of Business at the Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation Thursday and Friday
- Lodging Wednesday-Thursday (up to 3 rooms for 2 nights) and meals Thursday-Friday through end of competition
* Advisor attendance is optional though welcome.
** Teams consist of 4 full-time MBA students and are randomly assigned rooms and times; identity of schools is prohibited to ensure fairness. Invitation only. No fee to enter.
Previous MBA Competition CasesAn Ethical Leadership Opportunity for BlueCava
News Corp in Crisis
MFI International: A Entrepreneur's Dilemma
For permission to use these cases free of charge, contact Julie Tonkin at Julie_Tonkin@baylor.edu.