Baylor Sciences Building (BSB) -- Room Guidelines
The following are guidelines and procedures for the Baylor Sciences Building (BSB) which are to be followed by everyone using rooms in the building. The purpose of these guidelines is to ensure that the property and facilities of the BSB are used safely and responsibly for the educational, cultural, spiritual, and social benefit of the Baylor community.
Room Set up Policies
• All rooms used must be returned to their original set up immediately following the event. Any movement of tables and/or chairs within the rooms must be done by the group reserving the room. See the diagrams posted inside each room for proper set up.
• As part of the Baylor family, please be respectful and use furniture or additional items within these rooms with care. Furniture and equipment may not be moved from the premises or from one room to another.
• Rooms, including the Clock Tower rooms, may not be reserved for individual private study. The smaller classrooms are open for studying during the semester; they are closed on weekends.
• Additional tables/chairs needed for an event must be requested from Baylor Facility Services [the Physical Plant] through a TMA work order submitted by the event coordinator or group advisor. The BSB does not provide the manpower to move furniture. To place a work order, go to www.baylor.edu/facility_services, select “Submit Service Request.” When making requests, be sure to include setup and take down dates, times, and instructions. For questions call their office at 254-710-1361.
• The BSB has a limited number of tables and chairs to use for bake sales, registration, etc. For more information on reserving a table click here.
• All table set up for catering must be planned ahead with the unviersity approved caterers and handled by those reserving the room.
• In compliance with City Fire Codes, each room has a maximum capacity based on the type of event. Please adhere to these capacity limits designed for your safety.
Food/Drink and Catering Policies
•No food or drinks are allowed in the BSB classrooms, except bottled water.
• Food and drinks are allowed in the Clock Tower rooms (A301, A401, E201, E301 and E401) , E234, and the elevator lobbies adjacent to those rooms. No red drinks or punch may be served in the building.
• All catering must be booked through unviersity approved caterers. Any group requiring food services and/or tablecloths should check with the caterer for the event. See room set up policies above.
• Groups who use an approved outside caterer are responsible for cleaning up all food and trash related to the event. You will need to make arrangements with Housekeeping Services, 254-710-4921, before your event to obtain the necessary heavy duty trash bags and to schedule pick up with a member of their staff after the event.
Prohibited Items and Activities
• No straw, hay, evergreens
• No candles, open flames
• No paint, spray glue, spray paint or aerosols
• No painting in rooms
• All other things of this nature are prohibited
• No tobacco or related products in the BSB
• No smoking inside the BSB (Smoking outside of the BSB must be thirty (30) feet away from the premises.)
• No animals, with the exception of seeing-eye or guide dogs
• No firearms or weapons of any kind
• No alcohol, illegal drugs or other illicit substances
• No unauthorized publications and postings (See Poster/Flier Procedure)
• No external business solicitations
• No bicycles, skateboards and roller blades. (Bicycles must be secured on the racks provided outside the premises.)
Please refer to the Baylor Risk Management Policy 11.1.9 for guidelines concerning decorations. To view these guidelines go to www.baylor.edu/risk_management and select Manuals and Policies.
• Baylor University standards of conduct apply to anyone in the BSB. Any person engaging in inappropriate conduct or language, disrupting performances, or creating disturbances will be asked to leave the premises and/or will be escorted from the building by Baylor DPS.
• If an event requires security, the group reserving must submit the proper paperwork to Baylor DPS, 254-710-2222, who will confirm and provide appropriate personnel. Groups are responsible for any fee required by Baylor DPS. After submission of Baylor DPS paperwork, a copy of the Baylor DPS agreement must be submitted with a completed BSB Room Request Form.
Damages and Liability
• The person responsible for the event should check the room upon entry and also immediately after the event, to look for items that are broken or for any obvious damage.
• Report damages immediately to the BSB Scheduling and Classroom Technology Office, Room E128, 254-710-1579, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Damages will be verified and alternate arrangements will be made if the damages are noticed and reported before the event.
• Damage to any room, space, furnishings and/or equipment by a group will result in appropriate charges, based on fair market cost of replacement, repair, or additional cleaning to the BSB property or equipment.
• The group will be notified of the damages in writing and a conference will be held with the group representatives, the Director of the Sciences Facility, and the Supervisor of Baylor Housekeeping to determine the extent of damages. An invoice will be sent to the group to make restitution.
• In all cases of required additional cleaning or damages, no further reservations will be accepted until damages are paid in full.
• Groups reserving rooms within the building are responsible for making sure that each guest is abiding by the building guidelines. Groups will be held accountable for any alterations or damages to building property and/or equipment.
The BSB reserves the right to inspect and control all functions. The BSB will not assume responsibility for the damage to, or loss of, any personal property.