FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Frequently Asked Questions about Renewing Your BBF Membership
- What is the deadline to renew my Bear Foundation membership? The deadline to renew your pledge is April 30th.
- If I am a member of the Bear Foundation, do I have to pay seat options in addition to my membership? Your Bear Foundation membership counts toward your seat options, AND seat options count toward your Bear Foundation membership. If your seat options total more than your Bear Foundation membership, you will need to pay the difference, thereby increasing your Bear Foundation membership.
- What is the priority points program? The Priority Points Program is the mechanism to rank donors when seating and parking benefits are allocated.
- How many priority points are used in the seating or ticket request process? Annual giving levels are used in assigning seating or fulfilling ticket requests. Priority points are then used within each level to determine priority.
- What do I need to do to keep my current seats? You must renew at the same level as your 2011-2012 contribution.
- Can I purchase additional football seats? Yes.
- How will my giving record to Baylor benefit me in my ordering tickets? Only athletic giving is counted in the Priority Points system. Due to computer reasons, calculations began on January 1, 1997. Therefore, those contributions to athletics will benefit you in the seating process. Also, refer to Priority Points Program for Point amount per gift.
- When will I receive my Football Season Ticket application? Ticket applications will be mailed in March.
- Is there an expectation for me to remain at the same level in future years in order to keep the seats I will have for the 2012 season? Yes. In order to retain your existing seats, you must remain at the same membership level and/ or meet your seat option values.
- What is the best way for me to improve my existing seats in either football or men's or women's basketball premium seating areas?
- It is imperative that you RENEW your Bear Foundation membership pledge BEFORE April 30th for your request to be considered.
- Increase your giving level whenever possible. Remember, based upon availability, upgrades and seating requests are accommodated starting with our highest membership level and working down.
- Renew your existing seats when you receive your footballor basketball renewal notice. Please note on your ticket renewal form that you wish to upgrade your seats if better seats become available.
- RENEW YOUR EXISTING SEATS by the deadline on the ticket application. DO NOT delay your renewal in hopes of upgrading your seats - this could cause your existing seats to be released for resale to another donor.
- Once the ticket renewal deadline is reached, the BBF staff will work with the ticket office to review all requests for seat changes. At a designated time, the priority point system will be used and available seats assigned.