Questions to consider when choosing a major
The following questions might be helpful to consider as you think about issues of vocation and calling in your life. Think about these questions, discuss them with influential people in your life, and consider how your answers to these questions might help you to better understand elements of your vocation and calling in life. The goal of these question is to help you begin to think about these important issues.
- What is your motivation for being in college?
- Where would you be if you were not in college?
- What are you passionate about?
- What would you most love to do?
- What is most important to you? What are your values?
- How do you spend your time?
- What are your talents?
- What classes have you enjoyed at Baylor?
- Have you had any work experience? What did you learn about yourself?
- What do you want to do after graduation? Career? Graduate School?
- Where do you envision yourself in 5, 10, 20 years?
- Who could you talk to for help working through these questions? Family, friends, teachers, pastor, etc.
- What majors might be of interest to you?
- What are you involved in at Baylor or in the Waco community?
Have you visited with a Career Counselor at Baylor yet? If not, it is highly recommended that all undecided students consider setting up an appointment with the Office of Career and Professional Development.