Baylor > CASA > Registration Information

Registration Information

BearWeb Registration


    ENGLISH 1304 - If you will have 60 hours or more at the end of this semester and you were advised to take ENG 1304, you MUST register for ENG 1304, Section 69 (CRN 25077). This is the only section designated for Juniors & Seniors exclusivly.


    Degree Audits are easy to access and important to review each semester to ensure you are on track for graduation. If you are interested in a different major, you can now view and print a "What If" audit by following the same steps as accessing your audit.
      Accessing Audits - BearWeb, Student Academic Services, Student Records, Degree Audit

Majors and Minors

    Major and Minor information should be kept up-to-date so that during your advising appointment, your completed courses will reflect on your audit showing what courses you have left to take.

    Undecided in a major - If you have at least 30 completed hours and are in the College of Arts & Sciences, you are required to meet with an advisor in the College of Arts & Sciences Advising (CASA) office before registering for classes. To schedule your advising appointment, log onto your BearWeb account and go to Student Services & Financial Aid, Advisement, Advisement Contact Information and follow the instructions listed. Here you will be directed to your advisor's calendar. If you have less than 30 hours, please contact the University Advisement office.

    Career Counseling offers free, one-on-one sessions for students who need assistance in choosing a major. Students can request an appointment by visiting the Career Counseling office in Sid Richardson, Room 132, by calling 254-710-8434 or completing the online Appointment Request Form.

    Changing your Major and/or Minor - If you do choose to change your major, your assigned advising may change. While accessing the online Data Form, be sure to enter your concentration, if applicable, (especially for Biology, Speech Communication, and Journalism majors). Please allow 24 hours for changes to take effect and reflect on your BearWeb.


    Closed Class and Prerequisite Overrides are not issued through CASA and are solely at the discretion of the department. If you must register for a course that is closed or you have been advised to take a course requiring a prerequisite that you do not have, contact that department prior to registration. The department will need your student ID # and section # of the course if they choose to issue the override.


    Ensure that you are ready to register for classes - Most sophomores in the College of Arts & Sciences are required to meet with an academic advisor before they will be cleared to register for the following semester's courses. Only completed hours, not hours currently in progress, are used to determine a student's classification.

    Holds - Check now to see if you have any holds that would prevent registration. If you do have registration holds, contact the office listed under "originator" to resolve the hold.

      Advising Holds - BearWeb, Student Academic Services, Advisement, Advisement Contact Information, Semester & Year
      Registration Holds - BearWeb Student & Financial Aid, Student Records, View Holds

    Early Registration occurs each fall (November) and spring (April). Follow this link to see the Early Registration Schedule and to find when your scheduled day and time to register will be.