Army ROTC is an elective curriculum you take along with your required college classes. It prepares you with the tools, training and experiences that will help you succeed in any competitive environment. Along with great leadership training, Army ROTC can pay for your college tuition, too. You will have a normal college student experience like everyone else on campus, but when you graduate, you will be an Officer in the Army.
Army ROTC prepares college students to succeed in any competitive environment. The leadership training and experiences you have in the Army ROTC will provide you with a foundation to become commissioned Army Officers upon graduation. Upon completion of the Army ROTC program, you will be commissioned as a Second Lieutenants in the U.S. Army and will embark on specialized training.
Army ROTC is one of the Nation's top leadership programs, with many benefits to joining. Through Army ROTC you can:
- Get help with your college tuition with an Army ROTC scholarship.
- Gain experience you can't find anywhere else.
- Gain the respect of your peers and future employers.
- Train to become a leader and manager.
Benefits Beyond Graduation
Upon completing 4 years of Army ROTC and graduation from BU, students have the opportunity to enter the United States Army in the rank of second lieutenant.
- Starting salary for a second lieutenant can begin at $38,000 per year. Other benefits include 30 days per year of paid vacation, free medical, dental, and vision coverage for each lieutenant and his/her immediate family, $400,000 of Service Members Group Life Insurance. Moving expenses to the duty station are also included.
- Active duty and Reserve service members may also participate in the Government Thrift Savings Program, a retirement plan much like the traditional 401(k) offered by many civilian employers.
- Upon completion of 20 years of active federal service, one is eligible to retire with full pension and benefits.