Schedule meal planning and nutrient timing to improve mood, increase energy and enhance performance.
- Eat breakfast
- Eat small, frequent meals, every 2-3 hours
- Drink water throughout the day
- Make pre-training and post-training nutrition a priority
- Do not skip meals
Choose balanced meals with a variety of foods.
- Choose meals with carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Select a rainbow of colors for fruits and vegetables
- Avoid processed and packaged foods
Keep meal planning simple. Reinforce healthy habits by making good food choices.
- Restrictive/fad dieting does not work