East Campus Traffic AdvisoryMay 17, 2013
Parking on east side of campus will be at a minimum during the summer due to several construction and maintenance projects.
Two major projects are set to begin Monday, May 20: 1) removal of Speight Avenue between entrance to Baylor Student Life Center (SLC) and Fourth Street and reconstruction of Speight Avenue between Third and Fourth streets and 2) construction of a new entrance/drive to Allbritton House off of Third Street.
On Monday, May 20, the following closures/changes are scheduled to begin:
- Speight Avenue closes from SLC entrance to Fourth Street.
- Third Street will close between Speight Avenue and the entrance to Parking Lot 50.
- Parking Lot 36: Partial closure of parking spaces and drive lane on east end of lot (immediately adjacent to Speight Avenue).
- Parking Lot 42: Partial closure of parking spaces on southeast area in addition to closure of SE entrance from Third Street.
- Parking Lot 50: Partial closure of parking spaces immediately adjacent to Third Street and associated drive lane.
- Parking Lot 51 closes (permanently).
- Drive lane in Parking Lot 51 (between SLC entrance and Parking Lot 50) closes. Please note that this lot closure also impacts the sidewalks within these areas.
Lots 36, 42 and 50 are scheduled to fully re-open on Friday, Aug. 2, 2013.
On Aug. 16, 2013, prior to Summer Commencement, additional traffic pattern changes and street changes will be implemented.