Students should only pursue an alternative loan after exploring the federal options.
- These are credit-based loans in the student's name. Interest rates vary from lender to lender.
- Available to all students who can be approved by a lender.
- Student is credit-approved for this loan with the lender of their choice. For the most favorable interest rate, students need a credit-worthy co-signer.
- The amount is not to exceed the student's Cost of Attendance minus the student's financial aid.
- The student must reapply with their lender each year they want the loan. Some lenders require the student to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), and maintain at least half-time enrollment. Check with your lender.
If you are approved, your lender will notify us and request that we certify your enrollment and amount of eligibility.
For more information about how to choose a lender and apply, click here.
You should not be directed to any specific lender by the University; you may choose any participating lender and follow their application process.