1. What is my admissions application file?
Your file includes the application for admission (submitted online through your goBAYLOR account), your official high school transcript and official ACT or SAT test scores.
Additional items might be required based on your particular situation. Check your goBAYLOR account to see what items are needed to complete your file. If you have questions, call Admission Services at (254) 710-3435.
To attend Invitation to Excellence, your file must be complete by November 1.
2. Do I have to complete my admissions application file by September 26?
No. You need to submit both your Baylor application for admission and Invitation to Excellence application by September 26. Your Invitation to Excellence application file needs to be completed by September 26 if you are applying for the November event.
You must complete your entire Baylor application file (i.e. official transcript, test scores, etc.) by November 1 to attend the Invitation to Excellence event. Please check your goBAYLOR account to see if your file is complete or what items are missing.
3. When do you need my official high school transcript and official SAT/ACT test scores?
You must submit your official high school transcript and official SAT or ACT test scores by November 1.
4. If I do not complete my admissions application file by November 1 but submit all documents before the January event, will I be eligible to attend the Invitation to Excellence in January?
No, you must apply for admission to Baylor and complete your application file by November 1 to be considered for Invitation to Excellence.
5. On the Invitation to Excellence application, do all the test scores I enter have to be from the same test date?
No. If you have taken the test multiple times, please submit your highest score from each section from various test dates.
6. On the Invitation to Excellence application, do I use my weighted or unweighted GPA?
Please use your unweighted GPA.
7. Is it better to apply to attend either event or one specifically?
It does not matter. Please choose the event that works best with your schedule.
8. If I don't get accepted to the November event, can I reapply for the January event?
If you are willing and able to attend either event, please select that you are interested in attending either event when you submit your Invitation to Excellence application. When you do, if you are not selected for the November event, we will automatically reconsider you for the January event.
9. How are students chosen for this event?
Students will be selected based on their fit for the Invitation to Excellence program. Invitation to Excellence is geared toward high ability students interested in pursuing majors in particular fields.
Not being selected does not mean you would not be a good fit for Baylor. Rather, other visit opportunities might just be a better fit for you based on your interests.
You can see all opportunities to visit Baylor at Plan Your Visit Experience.
10. Is attendance at the Friday dinner required?
No. If you are selected to attend Invitation to Excellence but unable to join us for dinner on Friday, you can indicate that on the registration form.
11. Can I choose which Saturday academic session I want to attend?
You will be able to list your top two preferred sessions on your application form. Based on session capacities, we will do our best to accommodate your first choice. If your first choice session fills up, we will place you in your second choice session.
12. Do I have to be in attendance all day Saturday to be eligible for the Faculty Scholarship?
Yes. You must be present all day Saturday to be eligible to apply for the Faculty Scholarship.
13. How many Faculty Scholarships will be awarded?
The number varies each year depending on available funding.