Students should only pursue an alternative loan as a last resort.
- These are credit-based loans in the student's name. Interest rates vary from lender to lender.
- Available to all students who can be approved by a lender.
- Student is credit-approved for this loan with the lender of their choice. Students usually need a credit-worthy co-signer for these loans.
- The amount is not to exceed the student's Cost of Attendance minus the student's financial aid.
- The student must reapply with their lender each year they want the loan. Some lenders require the student to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), and maintain at least half-time enrollment. Check with your lender.
These loans usually require a credit-worthy co-signer. If you are approved, your lender will notify us and request that we certify your enrollment and amount of eligibility.
For more information about how to choose a lender and apply, click here.
You should not be directed to any specific lender by the University; you may choose any participating lender and follow their application process.