Develop a world-class faculty
Baylor will continue to recruit faculty from a variety of backgrounds capable of achieving the best of scholarship, both in teaching and research. We will recruit high-potential junior faculty as well as highly esteemed senior faculty who embrace the Christian faith and are knowledgeable of the Christian intellectual tradition. Many of these faculty will especially exemplify the integration of faith and learning in their disciplines and in interdisciplinary or collaborative activities. A significant number of Baylor faculty will continue to be recognized as leaders in their respective disciplines and in productive, cutting-edge research.
Original Goals to Achieve Imperative III
- Recruit and retain faculty members who combine strong teaching abilities with a commitment to scholarship and to the Christian mission of Baylor
- Support an emphasis on research and publication as the path to the discovery of new knowledge
- Develop new institutes and centers, as well as additional endowed faculty positions, particularly in interdisciplinary scholarship
- Increase participation in research by undergraduate and graduate students
- Recruit core business faculty with national reputations in their individual fields