ABL Rare Collection
ABL Rare Books
- First editions of all of the works of both Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning; subsequent editions published during their lifetimes; numerous Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning presentation, inscribed, and association copies; rare titles concerning the Brownings and their works.
- Rare books by and about members of the Brownings' circle of friends, acquaintances and contemporaries, notably those of Alfred, Lord Tennyson and Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- One of the most important resources for Matthew Arnold research in the USA comprising first and successive editions of his published works and eighty-four titles, annotated and marked, from his personal library. A BearCat Title Search for Matthew Arnold Library and Matthew Arnold Collection will provide a list of these works.
- 1500 music scores which constitute a nearly complete collection of every verse by Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning set to music as well as music related to or associated with their poetry.
- Meynell Collection Periodicals--approximately 300 periodical issues or articles from the personal libraries of Robert and/or Elizabeth Barrett Browining and their immediate families.
- Hundreds of single periodical issues or articles containing reviews or criticism and interpretation of the Brownings' works or other information concerning the Brownings.
- Approximately 5000 bound humanities-related periodical volumes published before 1901 which contain a wealth of information on the nineteenth century.
Stokes Shakespeare Collection
- A small collection of significant eighteenth-century editions of Shakespeare as well as titles relating to the Bacon-Shakespeare authorship controversy.