Room Reservations & RentalsRoom reservation requests should be directed to:
Jessica McAdoo, 254.710.4960
Library fax number: 254.710.3552
ROOM RESERVATION GUIDELINES FOR BAYLOR STUDENT ORGANIZATION EVENTS
Student organization events must be deemed appropriate to the dignified atmosphere of the Library. These events may be scheduled in the McLean Foyer of Meditation only from 3:30-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. No receptions may be scheduled by student organizations. Events are limited to no more than 80 participants.
The non-refundable reservation fee for all approved student organization events is $50.00, which must be paid at the time the reservation is approved. If the event requires the setting-up and taking down of chairs and/or tables, a use fee of $25.00 must be paid at the same time as the reservation fee.
TO RESERVE A ROOM AT THE ARMSTRONG BROWNING LIBRARY, AN ORGANIZATIONAL REPRESENTATIVE MUST:
- Provide an approval slip from Student Activities prior to requesting a room reservation.
- Seek the reservation no later than two (2) weeks prior to the event. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Make an appointment to meet with Ms. McAdoo to view the room(s) and discuss event parameters (to include approval of planned decorations). Reservations will not be scheduled until this meeting has occurred.
- Fill out an ABL Reservation Agreement to be kept by Ms. McAdoo.
- Be responsible for the group's compliance with the guidelines.
STUDENT EVENT POLICIES:
- A faculty or staff sponsor must be present before an event can begin. The sponsor must identify him/herself to Ms. McAdoo.
- Events must be conducted in a dignified manner (e.g., no loud noise of any sort: no yelling, foot stomping, cheering, etc.).
- No lighted candles may be used anywhere in the Library. This is mandated by the Fire Marshal and University regulations.
- Decorations must not be taped or otherwise attached to the walls, furniture, etc.
- Events must end at 5:00 pm or earlier. This includes the removal of any decorations and the exit of participants from the reserved room(s).
- Conservative and appropriate dress is required of all participants.
- Flash photography, visual presentations, and the consumption of food and drink are all strictly prohibited.
- Cancellation, if necessary, should occur no later than 24 hours prior to the event.
- If an event is cancelled and then rescheduled, the Reservation Fee ($50.00) must again be paid.
Note: Student organizations that fail to comply with these guidelines will be denied permission to use the facilities during the next fall or spring semester.
ROOM RESERVATION GUIDELINES FOR BAYLOR DEPARTMENTAL EVENTS
DEPARTMENTAL EVENT POLICIES:
- Events not sponsored by the Armstrong Browning Library are scheduled only when they are considered appropriate to the dignified setting.
- Only firm dates are placed on the Library calendar.
- No Sunday events will be scheduled.
- No lighted candles are permitted anywhere in the Library. This is mandated by University policy and the Fire Marshal.
- No loud noise is permitted.
- Decorations are not to be taped or otherwise attached to the walls, furniture, etc.
- To schedule an event, contact Jessica McAdoo (Facilities and Public Relations Supervisor [and events coordinator]; ext. 4960. Please leave a voice mail message if necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BAYLOR ORGANIZATION:
- Events must be scheduled no later than two weeks prior to the date.
- The Baylor organization must assign an authorized representative to schedule a visit to the Library to meet with Ms. McAdoo. The proposed event, the Room Reservation Guidelines, and the limitations of the facility will be discussed and a Reservation Agreement form will be completed.
- No event will be placed on the ABL calendar until the abovementioned meeting has occurred.
- Only the assigned representative may then discuss event changes with Ms. McAdoo.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE REPRESENTATIVE:
The representative should provide as much information as possible during the initial meeting. For example:
- Name of the department, etc.
- Date, day, and time the contact person wishes to reserve.
- Type of event (e.g., meeting, conference, breakfast, lunch, dinner, reception, etc.).
- Anticipated number of participants.
- The unit's account number for funds transfers, following the event, to cover the Facilities Use Fee.
- ARAMARK: If food and/or beverages are required, it is the responsibility of the representative to call ARAMARK and arrange for it (food and drink are permitted only in the Cox Reception Hall).
- Food and/or drink arrangements are to be communicated to Ms. McAdoo.
- For continental breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and catered receptions, the representative must notify Ms. McAdoo when ARAMARK will need to begin setting up for the event. A voice mail message may be left.
- If audio or video equipment is to be brought in, the representative must notify Ms. McAdoo in advance of the event.
- CANCELLATION: If cancellation is necessary, it should occur no later than 48 hours before a scheduled event. Baylor organizations that do not cancel and do not arrive for a scheduled event will be billed $50.00.
- Single lectures (1-2 hrs.), $50.00
- Large events exceeding 100 persons, $75.00
- Conferences, seminars, workshops, and other events lasting four hours or longer, $100.00 (meals and receptions are charged separately)
- Standing receptions or continental breakfasts, $75.00
- Served meals, $200.00
- Security Fee (as applicable): If an off-duty DPS officer is requested or deemed necessary, an additional fee of $50.00 will be billed to the organization.
- Housekeeping Fee (as applicable): If additional Housekeeping personnel are needed due to extensive set-up/take-down and cleaning, a fee of $50.00 will be billed to the organization.
- Staffing Fee: In the case of evening events, a fee of $50.00 will be billed to the organization.
- Damage: The Baylor organization will be charged for repair of any damage that occurs during its event.
NOTE: Facilities Use Fees are deposited in the Library's Guardian Angel Fund, which supports the purchase of new Browning items and related Victorian materials.
MEALS AND RECEPTIONS:
- Continental breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and receptions may be scheduled only in the Cox Reception Hall.
- Continental breakfasts, due to staff-time limitations, may be scheduled no earlier than 8:00 am. ARAMARK may begin set-up at 7:30 am, and the doors will be opened to participants at 7:50 am (note: full breakfasts will not be scheduled).
- Lunches may be scheduled to begin no earlier than 11:30 am and no later than 1:00 pm.
- Dinners or other evening events should begin as early as possible and end by 8:00 pm.
- Receptions are scheduled to begin at 3:00 or 3:30 pm and must end by 5:00 pm.
- Library staff is present to monitor the Library and its contents. No staff member is allowed to leave her/his post to assist with event-related chores.
- Audio/video equipment: The Library has PA systems in the Hankamer Treasure Room and the McLean Foyer of Meditation; a large-screen monitor/VCR player is available in the Cox Lecture Hall.
- The Library does not own slide projectors or film projectors. Power Point and slide presentations may be projected on the screen on the front wall of the Lecture Hall.
- No one in the Library is trained to deal with equipment problems.
- The large tables in the McLean Foyer of Meditation and the Hankamer Treasure Room and any other furniture, display cases, etc. are NOT to be moved.