Are you interested in an Arts & Entertainment marketing career?
Students selected for this track will have exclusive internship opportunities with major theatre, film, and music companies and subsequently will have another set of employable skills in the arts & entertainment field. Internships will be provided through the Music & Entertainment Marketing Advisory Board. Founding board members include Dallas Summer Musicals, Disney Live!, and Walden Media.
Arts & Entertainment Marketing Track for Theatre Majors
1. Minimum 3.0 GPA for entry.
2. This is a two-year lock-step program that follows the entry-level course of a permit-only section of THEA 4380 in the spring of your sophomore year.
3. Applications to the program are accepted at any time up until November 1 of your sophomore year. Applications should be sent to Lisa Tyus. If you have questions, please contact Sherry Ward All applications will be considered until the November 1 final deadline.
4. Students will serve on the FOH/Publicity crew for the duration of the track – often extending all the way through to your Senior year. Scheduling exceptions are made for Work Study students.
5. Three classes are required for completion of the Marketing track, and in order to be eligible for internships. One of these classes is an upper level theatre class that will count toward your current Theatre Arts degree plan.
Sophomore Spring: THEA 4380 (Theatre Organization & Development) You will start out learning specifically about professional theatre management, including elements of marketing, fundraising, and organizational structure.
Junior Fall: THEA 3390 (Marketing for the Performing Arts) This class discusses basic marketing principles specific to non-profit theatre companies. During this class, you will work in teams to create a marketing plan for a specific Baylor Theatre production.
Junior Spring: MKT 3320 (Advertising) In MKT 3320, you will design a promotion campaign for a Walden Media movie release scheduled for the upcoming fall.
Whether pursuing a career in professional theatre, film, or music, Arts & Entertainment Marketing students have exclusive access to prestigious leaders in the field, as well as invaluable opportunities that definitely up the employability factor!
The Arts & Entertainment Marketing track is directed by Sherry Ward, who holds a Master of Fine Arts degree in Theatre Management.
Click here to find out more about Baylor's Music & Entertainment Marketing Track.