Veterans Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill Refund Procedure
Student refunds are available if you have a credit balance after your financial aid and Veteran's Benefits have been applied to your Baylor student account. If you choose to leave your credit balance on your student account to apply to the next semester's charges, please do not set up direct deposit.
Each semester in order to be financially settled, you must confirm your attendance in BearWeb. This option becomes available when you receive your semester bill. Login to BearWeb then select Student Services & Financial Aid, Cashier, and then Confirm Your Attendance. Be sure to confirm your attendance in BearWeb by the Due Date on your E-Bill.
Each semester be sure to submit your Request for Certification Form to the VA Coordinator as soon as you have finalized your schedule so that the processing of your VA payment is not delayed.
On your first day of class, after tuition and fees have been paid by Chapter 33 funds and other financial aid received, the Cashier's Office will be permitted to release any credit remaining.
Each semester after you have attended one class session for that term, there are three refund options:
- If you are set up for direct deposit, the Cashier's Office will send the refund directly to the designated bank account. Direct deposit takes two business days to be processed.
- You can email or call the Cashier's Office to request a refund check to be mailed to your student home address or student local address listed in BearWeb.
- You may request limited cash in person in the Cashier's Office (Baylor ID required).
- Confirmation of attendance will be required each semester to be financially settled and for the Cashier's Office to process a refund when you are receiving Chapter 33 benefits.
- After you have started attending classes for the semester, limited advances are available upon request to the Cashier's Office if there will be a credit balance on the student account after the Chapter 33 funds are paid.
- How to set up Direct Deposit for refunds.
- Direct deposit refunds are not sent automatically by the Cashier's Office until all charges have been paid and there is a true credit balance on the student account created by financial assistance.
- The student is responsible for any overpayment of Chapter 33 benefits incurred as a result of a change in schedule. i.e. If the VA has paid your tuition and mandatory fees for the semester or quarter and then you change your schedule and a Lab/Course Fee is refunded on your Baylor student account, you may owe that $50.00 back to the VA. Please see the Effects of Schedule Changes (Debt Information) page for more information.