PHYSICS 1420 & 1430 – Fall 2016
Tutorials Supervisor: Dr. Jay R. Dittmann, BSB E.337, 254-710-2275, Jay_Dittmann@baylor.eduOffice Hours for Fall 2016:
- Please send e-mail to arrange an appointment.
- Gain conceptual understanding of fundamental physics
- Gain operational understanding of physical quantities
- Be able to interpret, in simple but clear language, representation of physical quantities such as numbers, equations, and diagrams
- Be able to solve physics problems via interactions with other students and teaching assistants (TA's)
Required Tutorial Texts:
- Tutorials in Introductory Physics (with Homework book), 1st Edition, McDermott and Shaffer.
You must have new textbooks. Used copies will not be allowed.
Syllabus: A link to the syllabus is in the box to the upper right.
Refer to the syllabus for information on grading, absences, etc.
All students are urged to read this syllabus carefully. Failure to read the syllabus
will not be an excuse for an exception to any policy stated within the syllabus.
Schedules: Links to schedules for the PHY 1420 and 1430 Tutorials are in the box to the upper right.