Note TakingThe note taker will take notes of classroom lectures, class discussions, and other oral and written communication by instructors and classmates for students who have the note taking accommodation developed by the Office of Access and Learning Accommodation.
The job of note taker is a volunteer position and can be used to credit your student organization service requirements.
Regarding the provision of note taking services, the note taker is expected to:
- Contact the Accommodation Specialist for note taking orientation and paperwork.
- Arrive for each note taking assignment on time.
- Take adequate notes (with legible handwriting, good grammar and spelling skills)
- Get the notes to the Accommodation Specialist by 10 pm after each class session by email.
- Contact the Accommodation Specialist or the OALA office if there are problems or concerns.
- You may be required to type/scan/email your notes to the student receiving the accommodation.
- Please complete the volunteer note taker agreement in order to begin your assignment
It is important that you make an appointment with the Accommodation Specialist within the first two weeks of the semester or as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call the Office of Access and Learning Accommodation.