The Office of Access and Learning Accommodations Testing Center works to ensure that appropriate testing accommodations are provided for students who are eligible for services. In order to maintain the integrity of the Testing Center and the exams being administered, the following rules apply to all users.
- Students are required to provide a completed Alternate Testing Site(ATS) form for each of their exams to the testing coordinator. The ATS form must be completed in its entirety, including having the ATS form signed by the instructor of the course and submitting the form in a timely manner (see below). Students, not instructors, are responsible for turning in their ATS forms to OALA.
- All exams will be administered at the regularly scheduled date/time of the class, unless OALA receives approval from the instructor to take the exam at an alternate date/time. The alternate date/time must be given to the testing coordinator in advance and in writing.
- The testing center closes at 5:00pm (7:30pm during final exams). All exams must be scheduled such that they are completed, with extended time, by the time the testing center closes. It is the student's responsibility to make sure the scheduled exams do not conflict with classes and other exams.
- Students are required to give OALA 3 working days advance written notice during the Fall and Spring terms (2 working days for Summer terms). For example, an ATS form received on Thursday allows for the student to take an exam in OALA on Tuesday.
- For scheduling purposes, OALA requires extended notice (approximately 1 week) for final exams. Refer to the OALA website for announcements each semester for the deadline for scheduling final exams.
- No regular course exams will be administered during dead days or holidays (as designated by the Academic Calendar).
Changing Exam Dates/Times
- If an exam schedule changes for any reason, it is the student's responsibility to notify OALA of those changes by completing an OALA Exam Change form or having the instructor submit the change to the OALA Testing Coordinator via email.
Taking Exams in the Testing Center
- The student is expected to take all exams at the scheduled times. If the student is more than 10 minutes late for an exam (according to OALA time), the exam will be returned to the instructor. Students are required to present a picture ID prior to being issued their exam.
- OALA will supply necessary exam materials. This includes: blue books, calculators, scantrons, etc.
- The student is allowed to use only the amount of time allotted under the agreement made with the Accommodation Specialist. The student must complete their scantrons or other answer sheets within the allotted time,unless a scantron accommodation is applied.
- The Testing Center staff will monitor breaks and trips to the restroom.
- The student is responsible for following all instructions on the exam and will assume any penalties that may result from misunderstandings and misinterpretations.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the Testing room. They will be collected by OALA staff and returned upon completion of exam.
- Electronic devices (e.g. MP3 Players, etc.) are not allowed in the testing room.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the testing room; if water is needed the student may have a bottle of water with the label removed.
- Anyone found cheating will be required to surrender his/her exam and the instructor will be notified, as well as the Office of Academic Integrity. The testing rooms are close-circuit monitored.