Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Current assessment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) should include:
- A medical, family, and school history documenting the age of onset;
- Clear evidence of interference with developmentally appropriate social, academic, or occupational functioning;
- Interviews or rating scales completed by others who can comment on the person's behavior, such as parent, friend, or spouse;
- Specific ADHD test which may include:
- Test of Variables of Attention - TOVA
- Gordon Diagnostic System - GDS
- IVA Continuous Performance Test;
- All test scores and data.
- Diagnosis of ADHD according to criteria found in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- reason for diagnosis
- recommended drug therapy
- screen for LD testing: ability (WAIS-III) and achievement (Woodcock-Johnson, Revised)
- tests of social and emotional adjustment (e.g., depression scales).
- Include name(s), credentials, and license number of evaluator.
- Clear and specific statement of how the disability substantially impairs adult functioning supported by information in the evaluation.