Baylor > Office of Access and Learning Accommodation > Documentation Guidelines > Physical Disability
Physical disabilities include: mobility impairments, hearing and visual impairments as well as temporary and chronic illnesses.
A diagnosis of a Physical Disability should include:
1. Disability diagnosis including a thorough description of the disabling condition and:
date of diagnosis;
date of onset;
Information concerning onset and prognosis is important in determining appropriate accommodations.
2. Name, credentials, and license number of evaluator.
3. A statement of prescribed medications and dosage including monitoring schedule.
4. A schedule for on-going therapy.
5. A clear and specific statement of how the Physical Disability and/or the medication impacts adult functioning (specifically learning and college classroom).
6. Suggested appropriate classroom accommodations related to the impact of the disability and/or medication on learning or classroom requirements, substantiated by reference #4 above and evaluation information.