Physical disabilities include: mobility impairments, hearing and visual impairments as well as temporary and chronic illnesses.
A diagnosis of a Physical Disability should include:
- Disability diagnosis including a thorough description of the disabling condition and:
Information concerning onset and prognosis is important in determining appropriate accommodations.
- date of diagnosis;
- date of onset;
- Name, credentials, and license number of evaluator.
- A statement of prescribed medications and dosage including monitoring schedule.
- A schedule for on-going therapy.
- A clear and specific statement of how the Physical Disability and/or the medication impacts adult functioning (specifically learning and college classroom).
- Suggested appropriate classroom accommodations related to the impact of the disability and/or medication on learning or classroom requirements, substantiated by reference #4 above and evaluation information.