We're thrilled to know of your interest in percussion studies at the Baylor University School of Music! Please follow the steps below to apply and request an audition. If you have questions at any stage in the application/audition process, please email Director of Percussion Studies, Todd Meehan.
The Baylor University School of Music offers the following degrees in the percussion area:
• Bachelor of Music (performance)
• Bachelor of Music Education
• Master of Music
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL STUDENTS (GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE) AUDITIONING FOR FALL 2014 ADMISSIONS:
You are strongly encouraged to schedule your audition for Saturday, March 1, 2014. This audition date will coincide with the 2014 Baylor Percussion Symposium, held at the Baylor School of Music February 28-March 1 and featuring composer Tristan Perich, the Meehan/ Perkins Duo, and the Baylor Percussion Group. In addition to your audition, you will be able to experience concerts, lectures, and masterclasses presented by the Symposium guest artists.
FOR PROSPECTIVE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS (BM and BME):
1. Apply to Baylor University.
2. Fill out a Request to Audition Form found on the School of Music website to set up a live audition. CD/DVD auditions are accepted under special circumstances -- live auditions are preferred
3. Fill out Financial Aid Forms.
4. Prepare your audition.
FOR PROSPECTIVE GRADUATE STUDENTS (MM)
1. Visit the Graduate Admissions page on the School of Music website and follow the steps listed.
2. Contact Todd Meehan to set up a live audition. CD/DVD auditions are not accepted for graduate auditions
3. Prepare your audition
*Graduate Assistantships are available in the Percussion Department. Please email Todd Meehan for more information.
We look forward to hearing from you!