- Patrons are encouraged to make an appointment to use materials.
- Special Collection materials must be used in Riley Reading Room or staff designated area at all times. Materials do not circulate. Library personnel will be present with client in reading area at all times.
- Photo identification (Baylor ID, driver's License, or other) must be presented at time of appointment. Staff will log information.
- Please make sure that your hands are clean before you handle any materials
- Patrons may bring paper, note cards, a pencil, a digital camera, and/or a laptop computer without a case.
- Food and drink are prohibited
- Patrons may only use books and research notes that have been approved by Library personnel.
- Patrons must store personal belongings in reading room cabinet.
- Baylor University Libraries will not be responsible for the researcher's abuse of the laws regarding property right, literary right and copyright
- Photographs may only be taken with prior permission. No flash may be used.
- When leaving the appointment, patrons must sign out in the presence of Library personnel and return all library materials.
- Because of the fragile nature of manuscripts, archive materials, rare books, and rare periodicals, patrons are expected to exercise the utmost caution and gentleness in handling the items. In case of any accidental damage, please report the matter to the Library personnel immediately.
- Materials taken into the reading room will be inspected by the Library personnel before you exit the room.
I have read the above "Use of Materials Regulations" and I agree to these terms.