Prof. Curtis Callaway
Phone: (254) 710-4838 ext:4838
Office: Castellaw 255
- Media Photography
- Video Journalism
- Brooks Institute of Photography, Santa Barbara (BA Photographic Arts & Science)
Year Started at Baylor
- Worked as a documentary, commercial, editiorial, and underwater photographer and cinematographer for clients including NOAA-Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research and the National Marine Sanctuaries, Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, Jean-Michel Cousteau Productions, Smithsonian Institute, Sony Records, Clear Channel, Phillips and Samsung.
- Won Best Documentary in the 25th Milano International FICTS Festival in Milan, Italy.
- Won Audience Award in the Deep Ellum Film Festival.
- Nominated Best Director in the Krasnogorski Festival of Sport Films in Moscow.
- Won numerous Silver and Bronze Telly Awards.
Interests & Hobbies
- Fly fishing
- Scuba diving
- Spending time with family and friends
Favorite Thing about Teaching
- "Seeing the excitement in a student's eyes when it all comes together and they get that first great photograph."
Favorite Thing about Baylor
- "The mood around campus. Everyone is very polite, friendly and happy to be here."