Configuration Standards for Category 1 Computers
Below is the required configuration and required software for Category 1 computers for use by Baylor employees. Category 1 computers are defined as the primary office computer assigned to one employee. Installation of all Category 1 computers should be performed by ITS-Client Services Installs unless an exception has been approved by ITS-Security.
- All computers (Windows and Mac OS) must be bound to Active Directory
- All laptops and some desktops as determined by ITS-Security must have PGP installed and all disk(s) encrypted.
- No local accounts outside of ITS service accounts can be present
- All computers must be configured to use the appropriate Software Update Service:
- Windows - Windows Server Update Service
- Mac OS X - Open Directory Software Update Management
- LANDesk must be installed and computer should be scanning into the server on a regular basis
- Symantec AV Endpoint Protection must be installed and kept up to date
- Tivoli must be installed and computer should be connected to the server on a regular basis, unless an Opt-Out form is on file with ITS for the computer
Reviewed February 24, 2014