BearMail Password Change Instructions
To change your password, you will need to know and enter this information:
Look up your Baylor ID number.
- Your BearID and current password. (If you do not know your current password, you will need to call the ITS Help Desk for assistance with this password change process, so you do not need to follow these instructions. Just call the Help Desk at 254-710-4357/HELP.)
- Your last name (case sensitive).
- Your birth date (MM-DD-YYYY).
- Your Baylor ID number. (Instructions below for retrieving this.)
- Your new password.
The Baylor ID number is a unique nine digit number beginning with "8" assigned to each student as an identification number within the student information system. It is printed on the University ID cards. This ID number is specific to Baylor and has no value or meaning outside of Baylor.
If you do not know your Baylor ID number: Go to www.baylor.edu/MyBaylorID
, enter your BearID and current password, and you will be shown your ID number.
Change your BearID password.
- Go to www.baylor.edu/bearid.
- Click "Change Bear ID Password" and enter your current BearID and password when presented with the following page. Then click the "Log In" button.
- Enter your last name (case sensitive), birth date, and Baylor ID number and click the "Submit" button.
- If you have not previously established security questions, you will be asked to set them up at this point. You will choose two questions from the drop down menu and provide answers that you will remember. These questions will be used if you forget your BearID password and need to reset it for that reason. Below is an example of the security question setup page. Click the "Finish" button when this is completed.
- Enter your current password; then, enter your new password twice (that conforms to the Baylor password requirements noted on the page) and click the "Change Password" button.
- Upon successful completion of the change, you will see a page like below and you will receive an email message with the subject "Bear ID Account Change" indicating your BearID password has been changed.
If you have questions or problems during this process, call the ITS Help Desk at 254-710-4357/HELP.