LANDESK Upgrades/Patching Services
ITS is using the LANDESK Security and Patch Management Services to further protect our computers against vulnerabilities for both Windows and Mac OS.
With the LANDESK functionality, devices can now be patched whenever a network connection is available. Once these patches and upgrades are approved for campus installation, they will be available for the device. Patches and upgrades are typically distributed the third week of the month to all campus computers. Based on the number of updates that are required, a device may require more than one reboot to complete the approved updates and patches.
Additional Important Information:
- If the circumstances allow, University computers should be left on weekday evenings. This is to ensure timely backups and patching. Please log off your computer, but do not shut down. If a device is powered off or unavailable, the device will get the update the next time that it is on the network.
- Most software upgrades/patches will require a reboot of your computer. When this occurs, the next time you log into your computer, the device will require a restart.
- The third Tuesday of each month will continue to be reserved for Application and OS upgrades and patches.
- A list of all updates performed by date can be found on the following web page: Summary of LANDESK Upgrades/Patches Applied.
- If you have questions, please call the ITS Help desk at 710-HELP/4357.
This capability is very important to keeping our network and computing environment as secure as possible. Your participation will be appreciated. If you have a compelling reason to block these upgrades/patches, you can make a special request by submitting the opt-out form
Updated June 20, 2016