IT Infrastructure/Servers and Networks
The mission of the IT Infrastructure group is to support the University by providing a communications and server infrastructure that enables the Baylor community to connect to information while preserving data integrity by developing and implementing standards for communication (voice, data, video), ID, and server architectures.
In support of the Unit Mission, we intend to:
- Provide secure and reliable means to access, transfer and store information.
- Maximize network availability and capacity.
- Provide a reliable ID System allowing building/room access and debit services throughout the campus.
- Support the physical security of campus through access services, technology-assisted notifications and alarms, and appropriate video recordings systems.
- Provide reliable voice and voice related services for campus and special events.
The IT Server and Networking Systems group consists of four departments dealing with different aspects of technology. The four groups along with their associated services are as follows:
- ID System and Physical Security