ITS Mission and Goals for 2017-2018
The primary mission of Information Technology Services is to provide excellent infrastructure, support, and innovation in the delivery of information technology products and services to enable and empower the university constituency.
General goals in support of this mission are:
- Recognition as providers of exceptional service
- Knowledge creation and sharing through research and innovation
- Robust, reliable, and secure technology systems and infrastructure
- Successful collaboration with campus constituents to accomplish objectives and acts of determination supporting the Pro Futuris Five-Year Goals
- Respected and professional staff who exemplify leadership qualities
- Effective communication with the university community
- Enabling of decision-making, operational efficiencies, and discovery through effective use of technology
Projects essential for technology stability and security are also prioritized. This work includes ensuring service availability and service stability. Service availability
consists of avoidance of unplanned outages, rapid response to systems outages, support for standard software applications, business continuity projects, and maintenance of IT assets. Service stability
includes, among other things, regulatory, vendor, and security upgrades and implementations of operating system and software version updates.
Finally, Baylor’s Core Commitments directly inform the technology environment ITS strives to provide. Continuous improvement, service to others, stewardship of resources, knowledge expansion and application, and relationship development are all critical to successful accomplishment of the ITS Mission and Goals accompanied by the principal commitment to the university’s Christian mission and vision.
SPECIFIC ITS 2017-2018 GOAL STATEMENTS:
- Support academic initiatives involving both research and transformational education through a robust and dynamic technology infrastructure and related services
- Provide consultation, technologies, and services to campus constituents to facilitate student recruitment, success, and retention.
- Invest purposefully in the expansion and improvement of the campus technology infrastructure to enhance University operations and the successful achievement of Pro Futuris aspirations and Five Year Goals.
- Strengthen compliance and information security through initiatives supporting the fulfillment of legal directives, operational regulations, and audit requirements and providing a safe, secure campus technology environment.
- Foster an effective ITS staff organization through collaboration and development opportunities and through strategic response to changing IT environments and requirements.
Updated May 25, 2017