Assistant Professor of Classical Literature
- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame
- M.A., University of Notre Dame
- B.A., Hillsdale College
- Manuscript Studies
- Medieval English Literature
Work on the translation and adaptation of the classical past in medieval culture.
- ""Amending Oneself: Compilatio and Revisio in William Langland, Ranulph Higden, and Thomas Usk." In New Directions in Medieval Manuscript Studies and Reading Practices: Essays in Honor of Derek Pearsall's 80th Birthday, ed. Kathryn Kerby-Fulton (University of Notre Dame Press, Spring 2014)
- "St. Socrates and St. Severinus: Philosophical Martyrdom in the Consolation of Philosophy," LOGOS: Journal of Catholic Thought and Culture (forthcoming, 2014)
- "Scholastic Persuasion in Thomas Usk's Testament of Love," Viator: Journal of Medieval and Renaissance Studies 42.2 (August, 2011): 183-203
Work in Progress
- "Being Boethius: Vita, Politics, and Treason in Thomas Usk's Testament of Love"
- "Boethius's Discarded Image: The Artes Liberales at Oxford."