The CCRD holds focus groups for client research.
The CCRD originally worked out of faculty offices in Sociology and Political Science and moved into its own facilities in 1990, when the operations center was located in the basement of the Sid Richardson Science Building. The CCRD moved to Suite 300 of the Robinson Tower in 1994. In 2008, our facilities were relocated to the Leuschner Building at 7th and James in the heart of the Baylor campus. Our new facility, occupying the second floor of this building, provides:
- state of the art focus group facilities with a separate observation room and recording equipment.
- offices for CCRD directors, eight doctoral students, research analysts, and a project coordinator.
- a large digitally equipped conference room for meetings and graduate seminars.
- report production facilities for CCRD documents.
- a large modern call center with computer stations for 12 interviewers
- equipped with a Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) Sytem.
The CCRD has rapidly become a core ingredient of the graduate program by providing first hand experience to graduate students while serving clients in our community.